Thursday 9 April 2015

Wreck This Journal 2 - Page 1 to 5


A few years ago, I got the 'Wreck This Journal' by Keri Smith for Christmas. I then bought myself another one which had a couple of extra things to do so I thought I would make a blog post about them :) This time I think I'll do 5 pages per post :)

Wreck This Journal #2



This is the new version of the journal I have. Instead of the plain black cover, it has a duct tape version and there are more things to do in the journal such as hiding a page in your neighbours garden which should be challenging!


UPDATE 20th August 2015:
So after a while as the journal began to fall apart, I covered it in 'Where's Wally?' wrapping paper and then some sticky back plastic to protect it. It looks so cool now and my brother likes picking it up to try and find Wally.



The first page as you open it. I chose to decorate it with a promarker burst and then just some bubbles with staedtler fineliners in different colours. 


UPDATE 15th July 2015:
So I added a polaroid frame and some patterned paper where I wrote the dates I started and finished the journal. (Well, when I do finally finish it!) I started this journal on the 2nd October 2012 and it's currently the 15th July 2015 so it's been almost 3 years and I'm nowhere near done!!


Name Page. I've blanked out my last name, my address and phone number but I'm semi-pleased with this page. I prefer the one with my name in large letters on the left hand side. I made these with my Lawn Fawn Die Cut Letters and cut them out of black card using my Big Shot machine with some stick it adhesive on the back of them so I could stick them to the page. I like that my first name, Rebecca is the same amount of letters as my last name (7 which incidentally is my favourite number) and my middle name Ellen is the same amount of letters as my nickname Becky. I'm a haiku but the other way round! 



UPDATE:
I added some colour to this page by going round the instructions arrow with tons of different coloured felt pens. 



One. Add Your Own Page Numbers.

For this page, I divided the background roughly into a 'Snakes and Ladders' game, numbered each square and drew a few snakes and ladders over like the game. I coloured everything in with promarkers, went around the black parts with silver sharpie and then used glossy accents on the arrow. I then coloured round the materials and ticked off the ones I'd used.



Two. Crack the Spine & Leave This Page Blank On Purpose

This page is pretty boring at the moment, it's probably one that I'll update later on with some colour, especially as the crack the spine page gets lost with the bleed from the promarkers on the number page. 

UPDATE 19th August 2015: 
I really didn't like leaving the page blank so I doodled on it with my white uni-ball signo broad gel pen. I really like how this one looks now, even if I haven't followed the instructions!



Three. Stand here (Wipe Your Feet, Jump Up and Down)

So I started this page with no idea how I wanted to do it. I drew round my feet on the page, then outlined them in black sharpie. I then spent ages flicking to the page and leaving it because I couldn't think of anything for it. I was watching Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares and for some reason started colouring one foot with my Staedtler fine line pens. I'm really happy with how it turned out.




Four. Pour, Spill, Drip, Spit, Fling Your Coffee Here

I started this page by drawing a mug with the word 'bazinga' on from The Big Bang Theory and then whilst making a cup of coffee for my parents, I dripped the spoon with some coffee onto the page. I used the spoon because I didn't want to get too much coffee on the page and drown it but I wanted to get enough that it looked like coffee. On the left hand page, I coloured in the background with some pens and then put a picture of a YouTuber called Wheezy Waiter who has the phrase 'I love it when the coffee's done'. I used the same letter technique as with my name and placed that around his picture.


Five. Poke Holes In This Page Using A Pencil

I'm not sure how I feel about this page. I tried to make it like I was popping the balloons with the pencil but none of the balloons look popped. 

Go To Pages 6-10

My First Wreck This Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment